Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) set up under the Investment Code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. The changing investment environment and Government priorities have necessitated the modification of UIA’s mandate.
Uganda Investment Authority is a semi-autonomous government agency which drives national economic growth and development in partnership with the private sector. As an Investment Promotion Agency, UIA mainly: markets investment opportunities; promotes packaged investment projects; ensures local and foreign investors have access to information, especially about the business environment so as to make more informed business decisions; and offers business support, advisory and advocacy services.
Promote, attract and retain value adding domestic and foreign direct investments through targeted marketing and aftercare services.
Uganda the preferred Investment Destination in Africa.
- Attract value adding investment that brings technology, skills & jobs;
- Contribute to the image of Uganda as a leading African Investment destination;
- Provide serviced sites, buildings & competitive infrastructure to meet the needs of growing Ugandan based businesses
- Stimulate & lead key stakeholders in creating a competitive business environment;
- Setup and develop Industrial and Business Parks; and
- Offer support to SMEs.