Date: 27th June 2019
Position: Help Desk Officer (2)
Reports to: Software Engineer (SIE)
Profile: Entry-level graduate posting with opportunity for growth.
Uganda Investment Authority, through the auspices of the One Stop Centre (OSC) is implementing an electronic Government Business portal (eBiz on www.ebiz.go.ug ) on behalf of the Government of Uganda to process primary licenses and permits required in the establishment of businesses and investments in Uganda.
The eBiz portal launched in January 2015 by the Rt. Hon Prime Minister, has since grown in range of services and number of transactions. In addition, a number of new services are already planned for launch in the near and mid-term of the Financial Year 2019/20. Uganda Investment Authority, in appreciation of the prevailing and anticipated needs of its clients, wishes to recruit experienced Help Desk Officers with the attributes listed here below.
Academic & Professional Certifications
- Basic University degree of at least lower second class in Sciences or Humanities, from a University or College of International or national repute;
- Any certification in customer service, call centre service, IT service, or critical service implementation, will be an added advantage;
- Courteousness and willingness to serve clients of all backgrounds without prejudice;
- Willingness to work a 24-hour cycle, especially in tending to calls on the toll-free lines. The eBiz portal has a global clientele;
- Readiness to participate in all promotional aspects of the eBiz and the One Stop Centre as whole, including demos, expos, and any other activities that promote the products and services of the One Stop Centre.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting online applications for investment licensing, business name reservation, land title verification, EIA application, and online payments is a MUST;
- Any other experience on Government e-Platforms will be an added advantage to the applicant.
Detailed Job Description
The successful applicant(s) will perform the following duties:
- Offer 1st line support to clients who use the eBiz portal to access the various Government services already available and those to be availed thereafter;
- Respond to all enquiries coming in through the various channels available, e.g. Telephone, face-to-face, email, Facebook, WhatsApp, and any other applicable channel;
- Process, scan, and upload any business related folio necessary to complete an online application on the eBiz platform;
- Trace and follow-up eBiz technical glitches to conclusion, by strictly observing the documented issue-escalation procedure;
- Document and communicate all customer feedback and experience regarding the performance of the EBiz platform;
- Compile and communicate the weekly record of all One Stop Centre transactions, including walk-ins, for purposes of weekly reporting;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director/OSC or any immediate supervisors from time to time.
Channel all applications that include copies of certificates and testimonials, enclosed in sealed envelopes clearly labelled “Application for the post of Helpdesk Officer” to the Office of the Director General no later than 5pm, on Thursday 11th July 2019. Late applications will not be considered.