IMAGE OF THE DAY
- 24 March 2015 UIA Hosts German-Ugandan Business Meeting
- 19 March 2015. UIA hosts a two man delegation from Africa Finance Corporation (AFC). Infrastructure Financing by Africans in Africa
- 19 February 2015 Netherlands-Uganda Women in Business Program
- 07 January 2015 Uganda Investment Review
- 01 December 2014 Investment Abstract 2013/1
Although government owns about 30% of the secondary schools, it founded one of the least numbers of schools which stood at 5%. The entrepreneurs founded the highest number of school at 32% as at end of 2010 compared to 28.6% in 2006 followed by the Catholic Church and Church of Uganda (COU). The Parents also ranked high (i.e. 14%) in founding secondary schools in the country whose figure stood at 16% in 2010.
The proportion of schools founded by the entrepreneurs increased from 29% in 2006 to 32% in 2009 while those founded by the Catholic Church and Church of Uganda respectively reduced by 1% and 1.8%. Figure 8 depicts that more and more categories other than government continue to found more secondary schools as they view these ventures as profitable business cases for investment in the education system. The entrepreneurs will continue to dominate this sector for the foreseeable future as long as the policies continue to encourage private sector investment.