IMAGE OF THE DAY
- 9th September 2015 Outward Mission to South Africa organized by Uganda Investment Authority
- 13th August 2015 Press Release: Business registration in Uganda becomes easier
Hundaji Mandi Holdings has announced the completion of its merger with Rainbow to create the largest chicken processing project in East and Central Africa, as well as the Great Lakes Region. The firm currently supplies KFC in Uganda. H.E. the President commissioned Yo Kuku in November 2014. Click title to read caption from the New Vision, one of the major dailies.
- 5th August 2015 UIA facilitates KACITA visit to incubation center in MUK
- 29th July 2015 Investment Review (May-June 2015)
- 28 April 2015 UGANDA INVESTMENT REVIEW VOL 2
- 17 April 2015 UIA Signs Significant MoU with Innovate Norway
Although government owns about 30% of the secondary schools, it founded one of the least numbers of schools which stood at 5%. The entrepreneurs founded the highest number of school at 32% as at end of 2010 compared to 28.6% in 2006 followed by the Catholic Church and Church of Uganda (COU). The Parents also ranked high (i.e. 14%) in founding secondary schools in the country whose figure stood at 16% in 2010.
The proportion of schools founded by the entrepreneurs increased from 29% in 2006 to 32% in 2009 while those founded by the Catholic Church and Church of Uganda respectively reduced by 1% and 1.8%. Figure 8 depicts that more and more categories other than government continue to found more secondary schools as they view these ventures as profitable business cases for investment in the education system. The entrepreneurs will continue to dominate this sector for the foreseeable future as long as the policies continue to encourage private sector investment.
|The Investment Centre,Plot 22B Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 7418 Kampala, Uganda