Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) set up under the Investment Code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. The changing investment environment and Government priorities have necessitated the modification of UIA’s mandate.
As a result, UIA has embarked on development of Industrial Parks countrywide. The current industrial parks include Kampala Industrial and Business Park at Namanve, Luzira Industrial Park, Bweyogerere Industrial Estate, Jinja Industrial Park, Mbale Industrial Park Soroti Industrial Park, Mbarara SME Park, Kashari Agricultural Park,Kasese industrial Park, and a number of others yet to be identified,
Uganda Investment Authority therefore wishes to recruit Administrative Assistants as specified below;
Job title: Administrative Assistant (2 posts – Eastern Region based in Mbale and Western Region based in Mbarara)
Reports to: Deputy Director Lands Development Division
Responsible for: Administrative aspects of the Park
Duration of Contract (One year)
Key Result Areas
- Preparing and maintaining a Park register of all investors and their activities
- Managing and monitoring Park utilities and infrastructure
- Updating management on the status of the park on a continuous basis
- Attending to investors’ needs
- Oversee the maintenance of the structures as directed by Management
- Monitoring plot boundaries to ensure that there is no land encroachment.
- Ensuring security at the Park
- Any other results that UIA management may require.
- A diploma in Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Additional training in administration will be an added advantage.
- High level of personal integrity
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the relevant local language(s) is an added advantage
- Ability to demonstrate pro-active behavior
At least two years work experience in an Administrative role in a busy organization.
Age limit 28-35 years.
Applications with a detailed CV, photocopies of the relevant certificates and/or testimonials to be submitted to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O.Box 7418 Kampala
NOT later than Friday May 21, 2016.
NB: In Your application, please indicate which location would be of your preference as well as whether or not you are flexible to work in any other location upcountry.