The SME Division supports and facilitates the development of MSMEs who are majorly domestic entrepreneurs. The overall goal of the SME division is: Developing Sustainable Domestic Investment & SME’s.
The SME Division of UIA has the following objectives:
- Facilitation and support for development of competitive SMEs in the priority sectors;
- Increase revenues earned by SMEs;
- Facilitation and support for SMEs under the National Content inclusion in Oil and Gas sector Programme;
- Improved access to business related information;
- Advocacy for and on behalf of SMEs.
In Uganda a ‘Micro Enterprise’ is an enterprise employing up to four people, with an annual sales/revenue turnover or total assets not exceeding Uganda shillings 10 million. On the other hand Small Enterprises employ between 5 and 49 and have total assets between UGX: 10 million but not exceeding 100 million. The Medium Enterprise therefore, employs between 50 and 100 with total assets more than 100 million but not exceeding 360 million.
The SME Division supports and facilitates the development of MSMEs who are majorly domestic entrepreneurs.