In the wake of the need to recognize the contribution of Uganda’s SMEs and celebrate the entrepreneurs that have contributed to wealth and job creation in Uganda, KPMG and Daily Monitor partnering with Uganda Investment Authority and other stakeholders embarked on a survey that seeks to identify Uganda’s fastest growing medium sized companies in order to showcase business excellence and highlight some of the country’s most successful entrepreneurship stories.
During the results handover presser, earlier today at KPMG, Rwenzori courts, the Executive Director Mrs. Jolly K Kaguhangire informed the media that SMEs are the drivers of job creation, innovation, and creation of new products and services in our economy.
She added that UIA has a fully-fledged SME Division working hard to support and facilitate the development of SMEs and domestic entrepreneurs in Uganda with strategic emphasis on the following
- a)Development of competitive SMEs in priority sectors
- b)Improve access to business information for SMEs
- c)Domestic Investment Promotion
- d)Strengthen networks with district and other supporting organizations
- e)Supporting SMEs to access land in Industrial and Business Parks
- f)Technical skills support