Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) set up under the Investment Code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth.
Uganda Investment Authority therefore wishes to recruit two Investment Executives as follows;
Job title: Investment Executive –Investment Facilitation Division (Two posts)
Reports to: Director –Investment Facilitation
Main duties and responsibilities
- Appraise the investment license applications
- Handle all facilitation inquiries from the sectors
- Monitor licensed projects within the allocated sectors to ascertain their actual investment, employment levels and any other related investment is
- Conduct regular project monitoring in the sectors with a view of establishing the actual investments, employment etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly monitoring reports
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, or the equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate qualification will be added advantage.
- At least 3 year work experience in a similar position, preferably with private sector, business support organisation, or public sector
- Demonstrated proficiency in project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Applications with comprehensive typed CVs, copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOT later than May 31, 2017.