UGANDA INVESTMENT AUTHORITY
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), set up under the Investment Code1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for Investment promotion and growth.
- Job title: Park Managers (2 posts – Eastern Region based in Mbale and Western Region based in Mbarara)
Reports to: Deputy Director Lands Development Division
Responsible for: Administrative aspects of the Park
Key Result Areas
- Preparing and maintaining a Park register of all investors and their activities.
- Managing and monitoring Park utilities and infrastructure.
- Updating Management on the status of the park on a continuous basis.
- Attending to investors’ needs.
- Oversee the maintenance of the structures as directed by Management.
- Monitoring plot boundaries to ensure that there is no land encroachment.
- Ensuring security at the Park.
- A Degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Management, Real Estate Management, Business Admnistration, Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative role in a reputable institution
- High level of personal integrity
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate pro-active behavior.
2. Job title: Administrative Assistant –Stores (1 post)
Reports to: Deputy Director, Finance
Main purpose of the job:
- Inspecting all items delivered to the store and ascertaining that they are of the right specification and quantity and quality as specified in the local purchase order.
- Receiving all goods procured in the stores.
- Issuing goods received note to suppliers for all delivered goods.
- Recording all items in the appropriate stores’ books and maintaining an up to date balance.
- Issuing items from the store against duly authorized and approved store requisition forms.
- Carry out Inventories and monitor the stock control system
- Conducting monthly stock checks and submitting a report to Financial Accountant.
- Ensuring that the store is clean and tidy at all times and that all items are neatly arranged and prohibiting the entry of unauthorized persons in the store.
- Ensuring good storage of goods while in the store.
- Prepare and register all fixed items in the register book and ensure that all the fixed assets are engraved
- A degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management and/or Logistics or the equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Additional training in Stores Management is an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer applications and Accounting packages
- At least two years working relationship in a similar or related post preferably in a business related organization
3. Administrative Assistant Front Office (2 posts)
Reporting to Deputy Director Human Resource & Administration
Responsible for: handling front office reception and administration duties, including receiving visitors, answering phones calls, sorting and distributing incoming mails and operating the switchboard.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Receiving visitors and greeting them warmly and making sure they are comfortable and directing them to the appropriate officers.
- Notifying appropriate staff about the visitor arrivals.
- Handling all official incoming and outgoing telephones calls at the switchboard and directing them to the intended recipients
- Ensuring that the front office is clean and tidy at all times Assist in keeping the front office area clean and tidy, at all times
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Receive, sort, record and dispatch daily mail/deliveries to the intended recipients
- Develop and maintain a current and accurate filing system
- Open and date stamp all general correspondences.
- Provide basic information available in pamphlets, brochures and other materials
- At least a degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Social Work and Social Administration, Psychology and other related disciplines from a recognized institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a customer-centric role at a front office in a reputable institution
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Communication and listening skills
- Good time management
- Ability to work long hours.
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Decision-making skills
- Positive attitude
- professional personal presentation
- customer service orientation
- information management
4. Investment Executive/ Media Relations
Reports To: Deputy Director/ Communications & PR
Job Summary: The Investment Executive/ Media relations works closely with The Deputy Director Communications & Public Relations to plan and coordinate all information dissemination from UIA to the public through all media channels in a bid to ensure the organisations message is clearly and effectively communicated.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press.
- Formulate and disseminate timely and accurate information to the press and staff.
- Work closely with the supervisor to address questions and complaints through various media channels.
- Develop and manage relationships with national, regional and international press contacts to ensure that Uganda is promoted as the preferred investment destination as per the strategic plan.
- Plan and implement press engagements.
- Assemble press kits and develop company literature and articles for internal and external use.
- Prepare material for proactive communication (print, broadcast and online).
- Manage stakeholder feedback after determining stakeholder attitudes towards UIA through media monitoring.
- Formulate a media relations strategy, plan and budget for approval.
- Execute any other undertakings as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- UIA’s public image well projected and/or defended through implementation of an effective media relations strategy.
- Timely dissemination of UIA’s information and/or reports.
- Thorough knowledge of the global and Ugandan business and investment environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in marketing, public relations or journalism. Experience in digital communications and advertising is desirable.
- Strong communications and interpersonal relations skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mass communication.
- Membership of professional associations.
- Computer literacy.
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be hand delivered to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than September 29, 2018 weeks from the date of this advert.
UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer.