UGANDA INVESTMENT AUTHORITY
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), set up under the investment code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance Investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. UIA now seeks to hire the following:
1.Park Manager (2 posts – (1) Eastern Region based in Mbale and (1) Western Region based in Mbarara).
Reports to: Deputy Director Lands Development Division
Responsible for: Administrative aspects of the Park
Key Result Areas
- Preparing and maintaining a Park register of all investors and their activities.
- Updating Management on the status of the park on a continuous basis.
- Attending to investors’ needs and overseeing the maintenance of the structures, utilities, security and any other park infrastructure as directed by Management.
- Any other results that UIA management may require.
- A Degree in Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative role in a reputable institution
- High level of personal integrity and pro-activeness.
- Good organizational; interpersonal; report writing; and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the relevant local language(s) is an added advantage.
2.Administrative Assistant Front Office (One post)
Reporting to: Deputy Director Human Resource & Administration
Responsible for: handling front office reception and administration duties, including receiving visitors, answering phones calls, sorting and distributing incoming mails and operating the switchboard.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Offer customer care to all UIA enquiries through: walk-ins; email; and phone calls.
- Receive, sort, record and dispatch daily mail/deliveries/ correspondences to the intended recipients.
- Develop and maintain a current and accurate filing system.
- Ensuring that the front office is clean and tidy at all times.
- At degree in Secretarial Studies or the equivalent from a recognized institution with ability to operate a switchboard.
- At least one year’s experience in manning the front office in a reputable institution.
- Good organizational, planning, communication and listening skills.
- Good time management
- Ability to work long hours.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Positive attitude
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Information management
3.Helpdesk Officer (2 posts)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring quick and accurate responses to requests from clients who seek information and/or technical assistance in person or electronically, regarding the physical One Stop Centre or the eBiz system.
- Operating help desk software.
- Tracking and routing problems and requests as well as documenting resolutions; issues; and any other transactions carried out on the eBiz system.
- Honors degree or the equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Computer and web literacy.
- Good organizational; planning; communication; and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management; problem-solving; and decision making skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong willingness to learn.
- Professional personal presentation with a customer service orientation.
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent to: The Executive Director, Uganda Investment Authority. P.O. Box 7418, Kampala not later than October 13, 2017.
UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submissions; late or misdirected transmission of applications. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer.