Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) set up under the Investment Code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. The changing investment environment and Government priorities have necessitated the modification of UIA’s mandate and expansion of its operations
Uganda Investment Authority therefore wishes to recruit an Administrative Assistant –Stores as detailed below;
- Job title: Administrative Assistant –Stores (One post)
Reports to: Deputy Director, Finance
Main purpose of the job:
- Inspecting all items delivered to the store and ascertaining that they are of the right specification and quantity and quality as specified in the local purchase order.
- Receiving all goods procured in the stores.
- Issuing goods received note to suppliers for all delivered goods.
- Recording all items in the appropriate stores books and maintaining an up to date balance.
- Issuing items from the store against duly authorized and approved store requisition forms.
- Conducting monthly stock checks and submitting a report to Financial Accountant.
- Ensuring that the store is clean and tidy at all times and that all items are neatly arranged and prohibiting entry of unauthorized persons in the store.
- Ensuring good storage of goods while in the store.
- Giving support in ensuring are fixed assets are engraved
- A degree in Stores and Inventory Management or the equivalent from a recognized Institution
- At least two years working relationship in a similar or related post preferably in business related organisation
Applications with a detailed CV, photocopies of the relevant certificates and/or testimonials to be submitted to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O.Box 7418 Kampala
NOT later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement.