Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) set up under the Investment Code 1991 (revised in 2019) is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. The changing investment environment and Government priorities have necessitated the modification of UIA’s mandate.
Mission & Vision
Our strategic direction
Objectives of UIA
- Attract value adding investment that brings technology, skills and jobs.
- Contribute to the image of Uganda as a leading African Investment destination.
- Stimulate & lead key stakeholders in creating a competitive business environment.
- Setup and develop Industrial and Business Parks
- Offer support to SMEs.
1. Mr Emely Kugonza (Board Chairperson)
2. Mr Fred Opolot
3. Mr Joshua Mutambi
4. Mr Lawrence Byensi
5. Ms Neima Ombambosa
6. Mr Morrison Rwakakamba
7. Mr Morrison Rwakakamba
8. Mrs Getrude Kateesa Lutaaya
9. Mr Godfrey Byamukama Kereere
1. Mr Lawrence Byensi (Ag Director General)
2. Mr Joseph Kiggundu - Director, One Stop Center
3. Mrs Barbara Kabuchu Director – Finance and Administration
4. Mr. Hamza Galiwango - Director, Industrial Parks Development
5. Ms. Samalie Mukyala - Corporation Secretary & Head Legal and Board Affairs
6. Mrs Winnie Lawoko-Olwe - Director, Small & Medium Enterprises
7. Mr John K Bwambale - Chief Internal Auditor
8. Mrs Shiela K Mugyenzi - Director, Investment Promotion & Business Development