Assistant Surveyor (Temporary)By Uganda Investment Authority
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) set up under the Investment Code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth.
Uganda Investment Authority wishes to recruit an Assistant Surveyor as specified below;
Job title: Assistant Surveyor (Temporary)
Reports to: Director/ Director Lands Development Division
Contract Duration:1 year, renewable subject to performance.
Job summary: The Assistant Surveyor supports the Director to plan for the surveying and development control of land within the industrial and business parks across the country.
- Ensuring that all UIA land for industrial parks development is duly surveyed and title deeds thereof obtained.
- Following up on survey files in the respective district land offices and Ministries to ensure timely issuance of deed plans
- Carry out land surveys of UIA’s public utilities and open spaces.
- Maintain the UIA’s digital database for KIBP plots
- Field Collection of data using Global Positioning System (GPS) units
- Coordinating with colleagues in other units to ensure proper planning for infrastructure development in all the industrial parks.
- Monitoring the surveying of industrial plots by investors
- Assist in resolving of any boundary related dispute on UIA lands
- Executing any other undertakings as may be assigned by the supervisor.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- To ensure that survey deed plans are issued by the district authorities within one week after request
- To ensure zero errors in investors surveys in the industrial parks.
- All UIA public utility areas are surveyed and demarcated
- UIA digital database updated and maintained.
- Production of deed plans for the entire industrial parks portfolio
- Performance reports prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- At least 1 years’ experience in Surveying for municipal or urban schemes
- A Diploma degree in Land Surveying
- Knowledge of cartography, GIS or Photogrammetry is an added advantage
- Strong team building, communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Computer literacy
Applications with a detailed CV, photocopies of the relevant certificates and/or testimonials to be submitted to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O.Box 7418 Kampala
NOT later than Friday August 12, 2016.