Job Vacancy – Investment Executive – Media Relations (Short-Term)By UIA Web Admin
Date: 17th July 2019
Position: Investment Executive – Media Relations
Reports to: Deputy Director – Communications and Public Relations
Duration: Short-Term (Six Months)
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), operating under the new Investment Code Act of 2019, is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicant to fill the following position:
Job Title: Investment Executive Media Relations (Short-Term)
Reports to: Deputy Director Communications & Public Relations
Directorate: Office of the Director General
Job Location: UIA Head Office
Main purpose of the job
The Investment Executive/Media relations works closely with the Deputy Director -Communications & Public Relations to plan and coordinate all information dissemination from UIA to the public through all media channels in a bid to ensure the organizations’ message is clearly and effectively communi̋cated.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press
- Formulate and disseminate timely and accurate information to press and staff
- Work closely with the supervisor to address questions and complaints through various media channels
- Develop and manage relationships with national, regional and international press contacts to ensure that Uganda is promoted as the preferred investment destination as per the Strategic Plan
- Plan and implement press engagements
- Assemble press kits and develop Authority’s literature and articles for internal and external use
- Prepare material for proactive communication (print, broadcast and online)
- Manage stakeholder feedback after determining stakeholder attitudes toward UIA through media monitoring
- Execute any other undertakings as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations or a media relations’ related field from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in Journalism, Media, Public Relations or Communication.
- Experience in Digital Communications and Advertising is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the global and Ugandan business and investment environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Membership of professional associations
- Computer literacy
Channel all applications that include copies of certificates and testimonials, enclosed in sealed envelopes clearly labeled “Application for the Position of Investment Executive Media Relations (Short-Term)” to the Office of the Director General no later than 5 pm, on 31st July 2019.
Late applications will not be considered.
Canvassing for the job will lead to automatic disqualification.