Vacancy – Investment Executive/ SME Division
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), set up under the Investment Code 1991 and amended in 2019 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. UIA invites applications suitably qualiﬁed candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Job Title: Investment Executive/ SME Division
Reports to: Senior Investment Executive – SME
The Investment Executive is expected to raise the level of SME formalization by creating and managing the SME database through profiling and benchmarking the capabilities of small and medium‐sized enterprises (SMEs) to do business in Uganda and contribute to national development objectives
- Advising the SIE about trends, issues, problems and activities in the development and maintenance of SMEs in order to facilitate strategic decision making
- Participate in the developing departmental plans and budgets to secure, develop, and maintain competitive SMEs in Uganda
- Initiate B2Blinkage between SMEs and Trans National Companies (TNCs)
- Coordinate and work with other partners in efforts of SME development
- Identify possible funders to enable implementation of the Authority’s mandate
- Preparing periodic performance reports
- Executing any other undertakings as may be assigned by the SIE
Key Results Areas:
- Annual work plans for building capacity of SMEs prepared, approved and being implemented.
- Resources to support departmental planned activities secured
- Departmental performance reports prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- Team work ethic recognized and appreciated
Academic requirements; Experience & additional skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agro-business, Statistics or Economics
- At least 2 years’ training experience in the SME sector.
- An innovative, creative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Deep knowledge of the global SME business environment with strong experience of best practices.
- Strong team building, communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Proven integrity and wise judgment
- Computer literacy
Job Application Procedure
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees to be delivered to;
The Ag. Director General
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than November 5th, 2019.
- UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- All academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institution
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer