Job Vacancy (Driver)
Job title: Driver (One post)
Reports to: Investment Executive – Human Resource and Administration.
Responsible for: Transporting staff and other authorized Persons and ensuring vehicle maintenance.
UGANDA INVESTMENT AUTHORITY
Uganda investment Authority (UIA), set up under the investment code 1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth.
UIA invites applications suitably qualiﬁed candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Key Result Areas
- Transporting staff and other authorized persons undertaking assignments on behalf of Uganda Investment Authority
- Ensuring safety of passengers
Vehicle maintenance & management
- Ensuring that the vehicle is always in good mechanical condition.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is clean at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is serviced within the scheduled time.
- Ensure that all fuel issues are recorded in the logbooks.
- Conducting daily vehicle condition checks.
- Report all accidents both minor and major to the deputy director-human resource and administration.
- Reporting the need for insurance, licensing, servicing and general maintenance to the Deputy Director Human Resource and Administration.
- Maintaining vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded
- Ensuring that the vehicle travel book is filled in and signed as appropriate.
- Adhering to the vehicle policy
- At least an A’ level certificate.
- Driving classes DL, CM, B.
- At least three years’ driving experience in a reputable organisation.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Customer care and respect for peers.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to write in English Language.
Job application procedure
Please provide the following;
- A comprehensive CV, copies of certificates and/or testimonials.
- Contact details, Name & address of applicant.
- Telephone number, Address, Name of three references two (2) professional and one (1) other.
All applications are to be submitted by registered delivery not later than August 2nd, 2019.
- UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer.