Job Vacancy for Head of Procurement and Disposal Unit (1 post)By Uganda Investment Authority
Job Summary: The Head of PDU shall be at the level of a Deputy Director and shall be responsible for developing and implementing annual procurement plans to ensure timely availability of materials and services needed to implement UIA’s approved work plans.
- Advising Management on trends, issues, problems and activities relating to best practice in procurement.
- Developing UIA‘s annual procurement plan and budgets for approval
- Developing a data base on qualiﬁed suppliers of goods and services needed by the Authority.
- Administering the procurement process in coordination with user departments/units to acquire and make available required goods and services in the quantity, quality and time needed.
- Ensuring compliance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDA) Act regulations and procedures.
- Providing relevant information advice to UIA staff to enable them to comply with PPDA regulations and procedures.
- Participating in strategy formulation and implementation.
- Preparing periodic performance reports.
Key Results Areas:
- Annual procurement plans and budgets approved in a timely manner
- Required supplies (goods and services) made available in a timely manner
- Departmental performance reports prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience.
- Must possess a Masters of Science degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Masters of Business Administration (majoring in Procurement) from a recognized institution
- A bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or a degree in Business Administration (majoring in Procurement) or any relevant qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in managing the procurement function preferably in a public institution.
- Possession of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Graduate Diploma or the equivalent from recognized Institutions.
- Full membership to chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or The equivalent from a recognized body is an added advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their Cover letters with updated CVs and certified academic certificates and transcripts no later than Monday 7th September 2020 by 5:00 pm to the address below;
Ag. Director General,
Uganda Investment Authority
P.o.Box, 7418 Kampala
Plot 22B Lumumba Avenue
2nd Floor TWED Plaza, Nakasero