Job Vacancy for Project Communication and Outreach SpecialistBy Uganda Investment Authority
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is a statutory agency that is mandated to promote, attract, facilitate, register, monitor, and evaluate all forms of investments and business activities in Uganda as per the Investment Code Act, 2019. It is on the basis of this mandate that UIA initiates and supports measures that enhance investments in Uganda and advises the Government of appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth in the country.
The Government of Uganda has secured financing from United Kingdom Export Finance and Standard Chartered Bank to a tune of Euros 249 M for the development of the following infrastructure;
- Road network and bridge including traffic management for the entire park.
- Water distribution network including water reservoirs for the entire park.
- Sewerage network including sewer underground pipe network for the entire park.
- Waste treatment plant including public toilets, a solid treatment plant for the park.
- MN Power Services that shall include the supply and laying of 33KV single core cable among others for the entire park.
- Fibre optic services and CCTV services for the entire park.
- Solar street lighting for the entire park.
- The SME workspaces.
- Other amenities such as water hydrants etc.
Uganda Investment Authority intends to recruit the most experienced and qualified technical staff to run the implementation of the project. The details of the vacant positions are as detailed below:
PROJECT COMMUNICATION & OUTREACH SPECIALIST
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall report to the Project Manager.
Liaises with the Owner’s Engineer and other relevant project stakeholders.
Purpose of the job
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall be responsible for supporting the Project Manager to execute his/her role as the official spokesperson of the Project, enhancing the project image by ensuring the project is visible and maintained through the established communication channels and stakeholder engagement activities.
Key areas of focus
- Project communication strategy and plan;
- Communication to all stakeholders on project activities and deliverables;
- Documentation, filming and archiving of all project key events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Advise the Project Manager on all communication and outreach trends, issues, problems and activities relevant to maintaining the Projects’ image and relations;
- Ensure that UIA’s interests of advocating for a company brand with external stakeholders and the media are protected throughout the project life cycle;
- Develop and implement a project communication strategy and plans;
- In consultation with the Project Manager, review the communication protocols from the Owner’s Engineer.
- Serve as a liaison between the Project and all project stakeholders and also guide the Contractor’s outreach programme;
- Take charge of maintaining an events calendar, booking press events and coordinating information dissemination on the project for display on screens throughout UIA and on the web and other media;
- Produce background briefings and prepare spokespeople for interviews, and co-ordinate media interviews and filming requests;
- Respond to crisis communications to mitigate negative coverage of the project;
- Maintain and keep the Project’s photo library up-to-date and ensure proper documentation of all project related events / activities.
- Preparation of periodic monitoring and performance reports as per the project reporting requirements;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist’s measurable outputs shall include;
- Approved project communication strategy and plans;
- Approved outreach programme;
- Approved project communication protocols;
- Documentation, filming and archiving of all project key events;
- Project information dissemination;
- Project periodic performance and monitoring reports;
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall possess a minimum of the following;
- An honors Bachelor’s Degree in mass communication, strategic communications, media, journalism, or public relations.
- Possession of any other post graduate qualifications in mass communication, strategic communications, media, journalism, public relations or marketing.
- Membership to a professional association will be an added advantage.
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall possess a minimum of 5+ years’ work experience in corporate communications and public relations on similar projects
Skills and Competencies
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist should possess;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with strong organizational skills;
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- A strong skill set in new media approaches
- Must be results-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of networking, advocacy, diplomacy, negotiation skills and integrity.
- Proof of excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with investors, government and development partners.
- Attention to detail.
- Competencies with MS Office and other professional software are a MUST.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with Curriculum Vitae, certified academic certificates and transcripts no later than Monday 7th September 2020 by 4:30 pm addressed to;
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O.Box 7418, Kampala
Plot 22B Lumumba Avenue
2nd Floor TWED Plaza, Nakasero