UGANDA INVESTMENT AUTHORITY
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), set up under the investment code1991 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for Investment promotion and growth.
UIA invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position,
1.Investment Executive -Media Relations (One post)
Main purpose of the job
The Investment Executive/Media relations works closely with the Deputy Director Communications & Public Relations to plan and coordinate all information dissemination from UIA to the public through all media channels in a bid to ensure the organizations’ message is clearly and effectively communicated.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press
– Formulate and disseminate timely and accurate information to press and staff.
– Work closely with the supervisor to address questions and complaints through various media channels.
– Develop and manage relationships with national, regional and international press contacts to ensure that Uganda is promoted as the preferred investment destination as per the strategic plan
– Plan and implement press engagements
– Assemble press kits and develop company literature and articles for internal and external use.
– Prepare material for proactive communication (print, broadcast and online)
– Manage stakeholder feedback after determining stakeholder attitudes toward UIA through media monitoring
-Formulate a media relations strategy, plan and budget for approval
-Execute any other undertakings as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Mass Communication or a related field from a recognised institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism. Experience in Digital Communications and Advertising is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the global and Ugandan business and investment environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Membership of professional associations
- -Computer literacy
Job Title: Internal Auditor (1 post)
Reporting to: Chief Internal Auditor
Main purpose of the job
To enforce adherence to existing policies, procedures and practices with a view of ensuring safety and proper management of UIA resources.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Verify the extent to which the organization operates in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Conduct adhoc / surprise audits on the company’s operational activities that bear significant financial impact
- Conduct detailed audits of the company’s financial transactions and statements in order to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures, and workflow processes
- Ensure that any deliberate or fraudulent abuse of established practices are detected, and appropriate actions are taken timely
- Conduct physical stock checks and verifying stock figures.
- Conduct functional audits in all divisions
- Conduct special investigations as and when requested by management or the board of directors.
- Conduct risk assessments in all departments (Auditable units) as per the risk management policies.
- Verify transactions for appropriateness and ascertaining that such transactions are budgeted for
- Conduct pre-audits of major and/or selected payments to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Give support to the external auditors with the end of year statutory audit exercises or any other special audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, Commerce, BBA (Accounting option) or a related qualification from a recognised Institution
- Professional Accounting qualification –CPA, ACCA or a related qualification from a recognised institution
- Must be a member of ICPAU or IIA
- Proficiency in computer applications with working knowledge in accounting packages
- Three years’ work experience in a similar position preferably in a public Institution or a reputable private institution or NGO.
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees shall be by registered delivery to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than November 8, 2018
- UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer.