DFCU in partnership with Daily Monitor and Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) recently unveiled an initiative dubbed Rising Woman. The initiative has a number of activities that recognize, celebrate and promote a culture of mentorship among women entrepreneurs in Uganda.
Any women in business can join the Rising Woman by participating in any of the following activities;
- Business proposal writing for a chance to win cash prizes of up to 30 million
Participants are required to write a business proposal highlighting a business idea, what makes it unique, anticipated results, the impact of the business idea on the community and the type of support required. Following the review of the proposals, the top 3 winners will win cash prizes of UGX 5 million, UGX 10 million and UGX 15 million. But that’s not all, the top 10 winners will also get an all-expenses study tour trip to Nairobi.
Download the proposal writing guidelines form, fill in and email to Leslie Mutumba firstname.lastname@example.org or Women in Business Program WIBP@dfcugroup.com or submitted at any DFCU branch, Daily Monitor offices countrywide and UIA offices or district commercial officers in the respective districts.
- Free Rising Woman business training
We will be carrying out Rising Woman business training in the major regional towns countrywide at no cost. The training will focus on; investment licenses, taxes and record keeping, business registration, getting financial support, winning tenders, accessing market for products and much more. The trainings have been scheduled as follows:
|Lira||Pauline Hotel||22nd & 23rd August 2018||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Mbarara||Oxford Inn||19th & 20th September 2018||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Jinja||Alinisa Hotel & Spa||17th & 18th October 2018||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Kampala||Hotel Triangle||7th & 8th November 2018||7:00am – 5:00pm|
Additional Rising Woman Benefits
- Mentorship programs on taxation, business performance, investment and marketing from our team of experts
- Opportunity to sign up for the DFCU Women in Business programme
- Participation at the 2-day Business Expo that takes place in Kampala in November (The venue and other logistics are yet to be confirmed)
- Investment Land opportunities in UIA industrial parks in Mbarara, Soroti, Jinja, Mbale, Moroto and Kasese
- Exposure to International Business Investors and partnerships
Pictorial – Rising Woman Business Training Mbarara (19th- 20th September)