Vacancy for Senior Communications & Public Relations OfficerBy Uganda Investment Authority
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), a statutory agency which is mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth in the country. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Job Title: Senior Communications & Public Relations Officer
Reports to: Deputy Director/Communications & PR
Main Purpose of the Job
The Senior Communications and Public Relations Officer works very closely with the Deputy Director to plan and coordinate all information dissemination from the UIA to the public through all media channels in a bid to ensure the organizations’ message is clearly and effectively communicated. The Officer will also develop, coordinate and give over sight to the execution of a well-planned public relations strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press
• Gather and disseminate timely and accurate information to press and staff.
• Work closely with the supervisor to address questions and complaints through various media channels.
• Develop relationships with national, regional and international press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted and Uganda is promoted as the preferred investment location as per the strategic plan.
• Plan and implement press events.
• Assemble press kits.
• Draft press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use.
• Cultivate and manage relationships with media representatives and houses-Preparing periodic performance reports.
• Manage stakeholder feedback after determining stakeholder attitudes toward UIA through media.
• Formulating a media relations strategy
• Coordinate the consistent development of the organization’s corporate brand
• Designing the public relations engagement strategy, plan and budget for approval.
• Organizing events including sensitization exhibitions, UIA open days and press tours.
• Coordinate the organization’s social media platforms
Executing any other undertakings as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills.
o A postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication or, Public Relations or Media Management or the equivalent from a recognised institution.
o Deep knowledge of the global and Ugandan business and investment environment.
o At least 5 years’ experience in corporate communications and public relations.
o Strong team building, communication and interpersonal relations skills
o Proven ability in the use of Microsoft Offi ce suite and other desktop publishing software.
o Proven ability of use of various social media platforms for marketing purposes.
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certifi cates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees shall be by registered delivery to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than May 12,2017.
• UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
• Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer.