Vacancy -Deputy Director, Research and Planning
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), set up under the Investment Code 1991 and amended in 2019 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. UIA invites applications suitably qualiﬁed candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Job Title: Deputy Director, Research and Planning
to: The Director General
The Deputy Director Research and Planning is responsible for developing mechanisms for developing and coordinating the implementation of the strategic plan, projects, the annual operational and procurement plans.
- Development, coordination and monitoring the implementation of the Strategic plan.
- Develop an M&E framework for the Strategic Plan in line with the Investment policy
- Prepare regular performance reports in line with Government reporting frameworks
- Design projects for funding and seek approval through the Project Management Framework process under the Ministry in charge of Finance
- Coordinate the implementation of the Investment Code Act 2019
- Advise Management on policies to present to the Board of Directors on improvement of the Doing Business Environment each year.
- Promote Research & Development in line with UIA strategic plan.
- Mobilise resources for financing the UIA budget
- To be in Charge of the Research and Planning Department and report to management on regular basis
Key Results Areas:
- Strategic plan
- Annual budget and Work Plan
- UIA monitoring and evaluation reports against plan
- Statistical abstracts
- Annual plan
- Design of fundable projects
Academic requirements; Experience & additional skills
- Must have a Master’s degree in Quantitative Economics, Economics, Statistics or Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Economics, Economics, and Statistics from a recognized University.
- Should be computer literate.
- Should be proficient in research methodology
- Should be proficient in Economic modelling of relevance to the Investment function
- Should have research skills.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in managing the planning and research function in a public institution at Management level.
- Should have good analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Post graduate training in Finance or Accounting would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the use of foresight tools for advanced strategic planning would be a strong advantage.
- A future oriented perspective
Job Application Procedure
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees to be delivered to;
The Ag. Director General
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than November 5th, 2019.
- UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- All academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institution
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer