Job Title: Deputy Director, Communications & Public Relations.
Reports to: Director General
Responsible for enhancing the organisation’s internal and external communication and corporate image through formulation of professional communication tools and promotional platforms aimed at portraying Uganda as the leading investment destination.
- Provide strategic planning and leadership in liaison with the Director General to enhance the corporate image of the organization.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy that promotes Uganda’s investment potential and UIA services to international and domestic customers and stakeholders.
- Develop a media network at local, regional and international levels and ensure regular feedback of investment related information for media dissemination.
- Ensure consistent and coordinated messages about investment opportunities in Uganda and the incentives available to both domestic and foreign investors.
- Formulate and implement public relations (PR) programmes to enable the organization achieve its overall objectives stated in the Strategic Plan.
- Recommend and implement informational and promotional strategies for corporate purposes and design innovative PR promotional materials.
- Develop various types of media tools (in print, broadcast, electronic and social media) that can be used to communicate investment opportunities.
- Co-ordinate organizational displays, exhibitions, interactive radio and television talks.
- Maintain and regularly update the UIA website.
- Develop and maintain interactive social networking communication channels aimed at engaging public discussion and awareness on investment related activities.
- Prepare reports, speeches and PowerPoint presentations for the Management Team as required.
- Ensure standardization of all communication collateral e.g. speeches, press releases, opinion pieces, briefing notes, among others.
- Regularly monitor the perception of all the major investment stakeholders in the private, public and political sectors towards the organization and advise management on how to enhance stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure that the organization’s events and activities are conducted to the best professional standards and are aligned with the overall corporate plan and communications objectives.
- Prepare and disseminate monthly reports, newsletters and newsflashes on activities and results achieved by UIA.
- Conduct regular research on Uganda’s investment performance and investment opportunities and strengths and disseminate appropriate stories and case studies to national and international media.
- Maintain a market intelligence service in support of all operating divisions.
- Masters’ Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or Media Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Seven years’ experience in a similar or related job.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with a good command of English Language.
- Excellent speech delivery and presentation skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Good Public Relations, persuasion, networking and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Uganda’s economy, business environment, investment opportunities and culture compared to that of competing location.
- Proven track record and an in-depth understanding formulating business to business marketing and communication strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, use of social media for marketing purposes, Desktop publishing and internet .
The Director General
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than Friday 14th February, 2020.
- Those who have already applied need not reapply.
- UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- All academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institution
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer