Vacancy for Investment Executive, Finance.
Job Title: Investment Executive- Finance (Expenditure)
Reports to: Senior Investment Executive- Finance
Job Location: UIA Head Office
Directly Supervises: N/A
Responsible for implementation of the payables process and ensuring all payments and related reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Part professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, at least Level II
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a busy corporate environment
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with the Public Finance Management Act 2015
- Ensuring all payments requests are supported by sufficient documents
- Initiating payments in the system and ensuring all payments, amounts and records are correct
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Handling statutory deductions on all payments
- Filing and submitting tax and social security returns
- Obtaining accountability documents for payments made
- Updating the asset register with assets purchases made in the financial year.
- Reconciling individual creditors’ accounts
- Preparing periodic payables status reports
- Maintaining records of all expenditure
- Proven integrity and wise judgment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Able to work under minimum supervision
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or
testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees to be delivered to;
The Ag. Director General
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than February 14th, 2020.
UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected
transmission of applications
All academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institution
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer