Vacancy – Investment Executive/Executive Assistant to the Director General (DG)
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), set up under the Investment Code 1991 and amended in 2019 is a statutory agency mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth. UIA invites applications suitably qualiﬁed candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Position Title: Investment Executive/Executive Assistant to the Director General (DG)
Reports to: Director General
Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant to the DG provides high-level administrative, organizational, communication and client relations support to the office of the chief executive to enable it to function effectively and efficiently.
- Creating and maintaining an effective filing system including quick and thorough indexing, filing, storage and retrieval.
- Maintaining the DG’s activity calendar and scheduling appointments.
- Coordinating management and board meetings, conference calls, special events and travel arrangements for the DG.
- Receiving and attending to in-coming calls, in-person enquiries and providing information.
- Maintaining open lines of communication among senior management, board members, other stakeholders.
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of the DG and proof reading/editing documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinating preparation and timely dissemination of high level reports and slide presentations by the DG.
- Executing any other undertakings as may be assigned by the DG.
Key Results Areas:
- Effective and efficient administrative and organizational processes being rendered to the office of the DG.
- Effective and efficient flow of information and communications to-and-from the office of the DG.
- Cordial relations being maintained between the office of the DG and clients.
- A clean and tidy office environment maintained at all times.
Academic requirements; Experience & additional skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Social Sciences or Office & Information Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in providing thorough and skillful administrative support to senior executives
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Dedicated, focused and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Job Application Procedure
Applications with comprehensive CVs, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees to be delivered to;
The Ag. Director General
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than November 5th, 2019.
- UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- All academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institution
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer