One Stop Centre (OSC) for Investors
The One Stop Centre (OSC) services for business registration, licensing, facilitation and aftercare are offered at Uganda Investment Authority (UIA). The investment related Government departments and agencies within the OSC, currently include:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) for company registration.
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) for tax advice and registration.
- The Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control for issuance of work permits and other immigration documents.
- The Lands Registry which assists in the verification of land ownership.
- The National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) to facilitate the investor to environmental compliance.
- Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) for standards advice.
Investment Facilitation & AfterCare
UIA helps solve problems faced by existing and potential investors in a bid to reduce the risk-return ratio for investors. This is done mainly through advocacy within Government to seek necessary approvals or urge the removal of obstacles to investment i.e lack of transparency on legal and administrative requirements; lack of consistency and predictability of the policy environment; increase accountability and effectiveness of Government Officials and mitigate investment disputes.