Investor of the Year Awards
The Investor of the Year (INOY) Awards gala is an annual event organised by the Uganda Investment Authority that recognises investors that have successfully implemented and commissioned licensed operational business projects within a given time period.
Applications are Open
Criteria & Eligibility
INOY covers projects that were licensed by UIA and commissioned operation within the 2 year period leading to the particular year’s event. It suffices to note that re-investments as well qualify to participate.
The following parameters are used in the evaluation :
- Generation of new earnings/savings of forex.
- Creation of employments opportunities (above 50 jobs gets full marks).
- Project multiplier effects (backward/forward).
- Evidence of quality control & competitiveness internationally.
- Use of local materials (inputs).
- Enhancement of job skills.
- Environmental considerations.
- Level of investment and capital inflow.
- Introduction of new improved products on the market.
- Social contribution and welfare