Home is Best 2015: Realizing my Dream Investment.
The Home is the Best 2015 Summit was held in Masaka town at the Brovad Hotel under the theme ‘Realizing my Dream Investment’.
The core objectives of the summit were to:
- Rejuvenate the economy of Greater Masaka through increasing the productivity of agricultural products and investing in tourism services and the creation of tourism products;
- Review the achievements of the last 8 summits in order to gain strategic direction that will benefit all the participants (both those residing in the Diaspora and their partners and / or
stakeholders in Uganda);
- Further strengthen the Uganda diaspora partnership with private sector through trade, investment and transfer of expertise and technology, as well as interaction with public sector back home through dialogue and exchange of ideas in formulating enabling policy for Ugandans in the Diaspora to engage favourably in Uganda’s development;
- To highlight the Greater Masaka Industrial and Business Park being spearheaded by the Vice President H.E. Edward K. Ssekandi and whose foundation stone was laid by the President H.E. Yoweri K. Museveni early this year as a way of galvanizing investments closer to the six districts forming the Greater Masaka region;
- Reaffirm the Ugandan Diaspora commitment to participate in the National Development Programs at a local level in all the regions of Uganda.
Please download the Summit report using the following link: