The Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is a semi-autonomous government agency operating in partnership with the private sector and the Government of Uganda to drive national economic growth and development. The Authority was set up by an Act of Parliament (Investment Code 1991, which was later revised to the Edition 2000 Laws of Uganda) 2019 with the aim of promoting and facilitating private sector investment in Uganda.
The ability of the Authority to fulfill its mandate primarily lies in the way in which its Human Resource is managed from the point of entry, stay, exit and post-exit. It is a policy of UIA to attract and retain a highly qualified and competitive workforce to fulfill its mandate and hence the need to fill the vacant positions.
UIA seeks to recruit highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated qualified individuals to fill the following position:
INVESTMENT EXECUTIVE-INDUSTRIAL PARK DEVELOPMENT (CENTRAL REGION)
Reports to: Deputy Director Industrial Parks Development
Responsible for: Overseeing the administrative aspects of both public and private Industrial Parks in the Central Region.
- Preparing and maintaining a database of all investors in the Industrial Parks and their activities in liaison with IPDD and the Legal Unit.
- Monthly impact reporting on status of physical development, contribution to employment and macro-economic indicators.
- Managing and monitoring Park utilities and infrastructure.
- Updating Management on the status of the Park on a continuous basis.
- Attending to investors’ needs.
- Oversee the maintenance of the infrastructure as directed by Management.
- Managing the administrative issues at the KIBP Office
- Monitoring plot boundaries to ensure that there is no land encroachment, illegal activities and trespassing.
- Ensuring security at the Park in liaison with the police to ensure that illegal constructions are halted and illegal structures are demolished.
- Provide relevant information and act as a Representative of UIA in liaison with IPDD in legal cases arising out of actions undertaken in the Parks.
Key Result Areas
- A data base of Investors in the Industrial Parks
- Timely submission of monthly and incident reports
- An efficiently maintained KIBP office
- A secure Industrial Park free from illegal activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Management, Real Estate Management, Business Administration, Physical Planning, Urban Planning, Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least three years’ experience in infrastructure development and management.
- High level of personal integrity
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure but with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate pro-active behaviour
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with updated CVs, certified academic certificates and transcripts no later than Friday, 28th January 2022 by 5:00 pm addressed to;
Uganda Investment Authority,
UIA Kampala Industrial & Business Park (Namanve) Office
P.O Box 7418, Kampala.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.