The Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is a semi-autonomous government agency operating in partnership with the private sector and the Government of Uganda to drive national economic growth and development. The Authority was set up by an Act of Parliament (Investment Code 1991, which was later revised to the Edition 2000 Laws of Uganda) 2019 with the aim of promoting and facilitating private sector investment in Uganda.
The ability of the Authority to fulfill its mandate primarily lies in the way in which its Human Resource is managed from the point of entry, stay, exit and post-exit. It is a policy of UIA to attract and retain a highly qualified and competitive workforce to fulfill its mandate and hence the need to fill the vacant positions.
UIA seeks to recruit highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated qualified individuals to fill the following position:
PROJECT COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH SPECIALIST
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall report to the Project Manager.
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall be responsible for supporting the Project Manager to execute his/her role as the official spokesperson of the Project, enhancing the project image by ensuring the project is visible and maintained through the established communication channels and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Project communication strategy and plan;
- Communication to all stakeholders on project activities and deliverables;
- Documentation, filming and archiving of all project key events.
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Advise the Project Manager on all communication and outreach trends, issues, problems and activities relevant to maintaining the Projects’ image and relations;
- Ensure that UIA’s interests of advocating for a company brand with external stakeholders and the media are protected throughout the project life cycle;
- Develop and implement a project communication strategy and plans;
- In consultation with the Project Manager, review the communication protocols from the Owner’s Engineer.
- Serve as a liaison between the Project and all project stakeholders and also guide the Contractor’s outreach programme;
- Take charge of maintaining an events calendar, booking press events and coordinating information dissemination on the project for display on screens throughout UIA and on the web and other media;
- Produce background briefings and prepare spokespeople for interviews, and co-ordinate media interviews and filming requests;
- Respond to crisis communications to mitigate negative coverage of the project;
- Maintain and keep the Project’s photo library up-to-date and ensure proper documentation of all project related events / activities.
- Preparation of periodic monitoring and performance reports as per the project reporting requirements;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist’s measurable outputs shall include;
- Approved project communication strategy and plans;
- Approved outreach programme;
- Approved project communication protocols;
- Documentation, filming and archiving of all project key events;
- Project information dissemination;
- Project periodic performance and monitoring reports;
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall possess a minimum of the following;
- An honors Bachelor’s Degree in mass communication, strategic communications, media, journalism, or public relations.
- Possession of any other post graduate qualifications in mass communication, strategic communications, media, journalism, public relations or marketing.
- Membership to a professional association will be an added advantage.
The Project Communication and Outreach Specialist shall possess a minimum of 5+ years’ work experience in corporate communications and public relations on similar projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with strong organizational skills;
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- A strong skill set in new media approaches
- Must be results-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of networking, advocacy, diplomacy, negotiation skills and integrity.
- Proof of excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with investors, government and development partners.
- Attention to detail.
- Competencies with MS Office and other professional software are a MUST.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with updated CVs, certified academic certificates, and transcripts no later than Friday, 28th January 2022 by 5:00 pm addressed to;
Uganda Investment Authority,
UIA Kampala Industrial & Business Park (Namanve) Office
P.O Box 7418, Kampala.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Those who had applied for these positions in July 2020 are encouraged to Re-apply