The Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is a semi-autonomous government agency operating in partnership with the private sector and the Government of Uganda to drive national economic growth and development. The Authority was set up by an Act of Parliament (Investment Code 1991, which was later revised to the Edition 2000 Laws of Uganda) 2019 with the aim of promoting and facilitating private sector investment in Uganda.
The ability of the Authority to fulfill its mandate primarily lies in the way in which its Human Resource is managed from the point of entry, stay, exit and post-exit. It is a policy of UIA to attract and retain a highly qualified and competitive workforce to fulfill its mandate and hence the need to fill the vacant positions.
UIA seeks to recruit highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated qualified individuals to fill the following position:
The Project Administrator shall report to the Project Manager.
The Project Administrator shall offer records management and administrative support services to the Project Management Team.
- Project Records Management System;
- Project Human Resources matters;
- Project front desk and secretarial services;
- Project administrative services.
The Project Administrator shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Setup a records management system and shall be responsible for a archiving and retrieving of all project records;
- Assist the Project Manager and UIA’s HR unit in the management of the project human resources as per UIA’s Human Resources Manual, 2015 which include among others leave management, facilitation of appraisals, preparation of the project staff payroll.
- Ensure that all project staff are facilitated with the required office tools to undertake their assignments and liaise with the EPC Contractor to maintain project equipment and assets;
- Provide secretarial support services to the project which shall include but not limited to scheduling appointments, preparation and achieving of all project meeting minutes among others;
- Maintain and manage the Project’s Asset Inventory Register;
- Shall be the Project’s Front Desk Officer and will be charged with visitor’s handling, office security, and attending to the mails / communications delivered at the front office.
- Supervise and develop support staff and ensure proper housekeeping and that vehicles are properly maintained.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
The Project Administrators’ measurable outputs shall include;
- A project records management system;
- Facilitation of Project Staff to undertake their assignments;
- Project’s Personnel records maintained;
- Project staff leave roasters properly managed;
- Accurate project staff appraisals are done timely;
- A credible project assets inventory maintained at all times;
- Front desk management;
- Office housekeeping;
- All project vehicles maintained;
- Monthly report on project records, human resources and office administration matters.
The Project Administrator shall possess a minimum of; a honors bachelors in records and archiving, information and library science, office administration and human resources management, Business administration.
The Project Administrator shall possess a minimum of 3+ years’ work experience in record & archiving systems, human resources management & office administration, as well as front desk and secretarial work in office similar project settings.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with strong organizational skills;
- Report writing and oral communication skills;
- Must be results-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills;
- Attention to detail skills;
Competencies with MS Office is a MUST
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with updated CVs, certified academic certificates, and transcripts no later than Friday, 28th January 2022 by 5:00 pm addressed to;
Uganda Investment Authority,
UIA Kampala Industrial & Business Park (Namanve) Office
P.O Box 7418, Kampala.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Those who had applied for these positions in July 2020 are encouraged to Re-apply.