The Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is a semi-autonomous government agency operating in partnership with the private sector and the Government of Uganda to drive national economic growth and development. The Authority was set up by an Act of Parliament (Investment Code 1991, which was later revised to the Edition 2000 Laws of Uganda) 2019 with the aim of promoting and facilitating private sector investment in Uganda.
The ability of the Authority to fulfill its mandate primarily lies in the way in which its Human Resource is managed from the point of entry, stay, exit and post-exit. It is a policy of UIA to attract and retain a highly qualified and competitive workforce to fulfill its mandate and hence the need to fill the vacant positions.
UIA seeks to recruit highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated qualified individuals to fill the following position:
Project Office Assistant
The Project Office Assistant shall report to the Project Administrator.
The Project Office Assistant shall provide pantry, housekeeping and office support services to the project office.
- Clean office premises;
- Provision of teas and refreshments to project staff;
- Support office operations.
The Project Office Assistant shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Provision of housekeeping services that shall include among others sweeping, scrubbing, mopping and polishing office floors; vacuum cleaning carpets, rags and draperies; dusting and polishing furniture and fittings; emptying and cleaning trash containers and disposing of trash in a sanitary manner; cleaning restrooms, sinks and mirrors;
- Carrying out official project errands;
- Supporting project staff in photocopying, binding and printing of official documents;
- Preparing and servicing teas to staff; washing of utensils; ensuring drinking water is available at all times;
- Arrange refreshments for break teas and meals for all schedules meetings.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Project Administrator.
The Project Office Assistants’ measurable outputs shall include;
- All official premises are maintained in clean, sanitary and tidy condition at all times;
- Teas and refreshments are served as and when required;
- Courteous and cordial behavior at all times.
The Project Office Assistant shall possess a UCE certificate or equivalent;
The Project Office Assistant shall possess a minimum of 3+ years’ work experience as an office assistant.
The Project Office Assistant should possess the following;
- Written and oral communication skills;
- Must be results-oriented, a team player and exhibiting high levels integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and;
- Housekeeping and office support skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with Curriculum Vitea, certified academic certificates and transcripts not later thanFriday, 28th January 2022 by 5:00 pm addressed to;
The Director General,
Uganda Investment Authority,
UIA Kampala Industrial & Business Park (Namanve) Office
P.O Box 7418, Kampala.
Application Deadline: Friday, 28th January 2022 by 5:00 pm.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
NOTE: Those who had applied for these positions in July 2020 are encouraged to Re-apply