The Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) is a semi-autonomous government agency operating in partnership with the private sector and the Government of Uganda to drive national economic growth and development. The Authority was set up by an Act of Parliament (Investment Code 1991, which was later revised to the Edition 2000 Laws of Uganda) 2019 with the aim of promoting and facilitating private sector investment in Uganda.
The ability of the Authority to fulfill its mandate primarily lies in the way in which its Human Resource is managed from the point of entry, stay, exit and post-exit. It is a policy of UIA to attract and retain a highly qualified and competitive workforce to fulfill its mandate and hence the need to fill the vacant positions.
UIA seeks to recruit highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated qualified individuals to fill the following position:
Two (2) Project Drivers
The Project Driver shall report to the Project Administrator.
The Project Driver shall provide road transportation services by delivering project staff and materials to support effective and timely operations of the project.
- Transportation services;
- Servicing and maintenance of project motor vehicles.
The Project Driver shall be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Safely transport project staff and official project merchandise to locations in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections of the vehicles;
- Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures;
- Maintain service and appearance of project vehicles;
- Prepare and submit monthly vehicle reports to the Project Administrator;
- Report the need for insurance, licensing, servicing and general maintenance of vehicle to the Project Administrator;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
The Project Drivers’ measurable outputs shall include;
- Transportation services rendered in a timely and courteous manner at all times;
- Project vehicles serviced and maintained in good condition;
The Project Driver shall possess;
- A UACE certificate;
- Valid driver’s licenses (Classes A, B and C);
- Certificate in advanced or defensive driving shall be an added advantage.
The Project Driver shall possess a minimum of 3+ years’ work experience of driving experience with a clean record with a recognized and busy institution.
The Project Driver should possess;
- Written and oral communication skills;
- Must be results-oriented, a team player and exhibiting high levels integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and;
- Vehicle management skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with updated CVs, certified academic certificates, and transcripts no later than Friday, 28th January 2022 by 5:00 pm addressed to;
Uganda Investment Authority,
UIA Kampala Industrial & Business Park (Namanve) Office
P.O Box 7418, Kampala.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Those who had applied for these positions in July 2020 are encouraged to Re-apply.